Where in the world is Rick???

It's time to study . . .

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Enjoying the Sun in Phoenix

Phoenix, can you believe it? Two doors down from the house I am staying at is a huge cactus--that's a far cry from Maine! I am working with Grace Community Church to do a camp for the children on Spring Break. It should be a lot of fun and God will do some amazing things!
In church today the pastor spoke on Stewardship and giving. I am processing some of the points that he made, but here is one. He brought up that we give to God because we love Him not out of our duty to God. This allows us to truly enjoy giving. I think that is something that we forget so often because of our "obligation" to God. Then in Sunday School, the singles pastor spoke on love. He had some great points too. He asked if others would think we are a good lover, not in the sexual way, but according to I Corinthians 13.
Anyway, camp starts tomorrow and it should be fun. I'm looking forward to sharing the Gospel, playing soccer, and loving on kids. I'll update more as time goes by. Have a great week.

2 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Blogger Kitnchuck said...

Have a great week. We'll be praying for you! Lots of love.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Bubbaloo Magoo said...

Sounds cool! I don't know about the loving part, and frankly I don't wanna know, but I can attest to the giving part. Thanks again! ;) Have fun, and send some of the sun our way - we really could use it!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home