Where in the world is Rick???

It's time to study . . .

Sunday, May 06, 2007

It's not a game anymore

Yesterday, Jen and I travelled to Abilene to see her alma mater, Abilene Christian University. While there, we also went out to Dyess AFB so that she could see her first AFB. We've been out to NAS Fort Worth JRB quite a bit, but the Navy and the Air Force manage their bases differently so it was good for her to see the differences firsthand. While entering the gate, the Security Force Airman saluted me and I returned the salute. Each time I receive a salute, I am excited but realize that I haven't gone through training yet so it is weird. Last night, it hit me that soon it won't be a game anymore. I will be in training at Maxwell and it will be the real thing. I am an Air Force officer, but after training I will appreciate the responsibility far more. Just a few thoughts. . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home