Where in the world is Rick???

It's time to study . . .

Saturday, April 29, 2006

On to lighter things. . .

Spring is coming to the mountains of Colorado but in ways that many wouldn't like. On Thursday it was 80 degrees and Friday had a high of 50 degrees. Quite crazy. The mountains even received some needed spring snow.

Yesterday morning was fun as I was able to get up early to go work out at the gym. As I sat there at 6:00 am to meet my friend, I received the inevitable phone call. "Hey, Rick! I'm leaving my house now so I'll see you in fifteen minutes--sorry!" I laughed, but took the time to drive along the flightline at Peterson AFB and was able to see a couple of A-10's parked there. Since Peterson isn't a fighter base, it's always fun to be able to see fighters from time to time. Even though we started late, we had a great workout and I'm sore today to prove it!

This week I had a couple of doctor's/dentist appointments and it seemed like I was always out of the office. Yesterday I got there at 8:00 am and left at 5:45 pm with a 20 minute lunch break. It was quite busy, but I was able to get a lot done. I have all of my coaches for the first half and almost all of the coaches for the second half, which is quite nice. God is providing the men and women to do the job that is needed!

Next Saturday should be fun as Jen and I with six of our friends are heading to Denver to watch DC United play the Colorado Rapids (soccer game). They have a special that includes four tickets, four hot dogs, and four drinks! We should have a great time! Anytime that DC United is in town I try to go to the game. Most of our friends have either never been to a soccer game or it has been years, so it will be a good experience.

Well, have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger schaefcat1 said...

Go Rapids Go! I meant
Go Kentucky Go

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger soccerkcs said...

You're killing me Schaefer! Definitely not the Rapids. . . .

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger schaefcat1 said...

I meant to say cheer for the mighty DC United footballers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home