Where in the world is Rick???

It's time to study . . .

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I get the point

Summer is definitely here!!! It is quite busy, but things are going well. Here's a brief synopsis of what's going on.

On Thursday, June 2nd I travelled with our office staff to Yukon, OK to train our summer staff. We had over 60 people training to do sports ministry. We conducted three camps at Trinity Baptist Church, Westmoore Community Church and Covenant Community Church. I was placed at Covenant once again. It was a blessing to return there since I've been at that church for the last three years and have a number of friends at the church. We did have over 150 kids attend the camp. They chose between soccer, basketball, volleyball, baseball and cheerleading and everybody participated in snack time (my favorite), song time, illusion time, and Bible time. On Thursday, 12 kids accepted Christ and several others made other decisions for Him. On Saturday, June 11th, I returned to Colorado Springs with a stop in Wichita for a wedding of a friend.

It was great to return because my buddy, Dan, returned safely from Iraq. I was able to go to his house and join the welcome home party. It's been great to hear the stories of the good things that are occurring in Iraq that the media will not report. This past weekend I was able to spend a lot of time with Dan since Jen was in NYC with her mom and other friends. On Sunday afternoon, I took a few hours to go 4-wheeling in the mountains, but now my Jeep is in the shop since I blew my clutch master cylinder. Those are the breaks.

On Friday, June 24th, I head to Los Angeles to meet up with a friend and spend the night before I meet my team on Saturday to head to Thailand. It will be a long trip, but will be awesome. I'll post more later about that trip. Have a great day!

1 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Blogger Kitnchuck said...

Sorry to hear about your jeep, Rick. I trust it is repairable. Hope everything else is under control. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home